The V60 Hario brewer offers coffee enthusiasts hands-on control over brewing time and temperature, thanks to its simple pour-over mechanism. This guide will help you master the art of V60 brewing.
Equipment You'll Need
- V60 Hario Brewer
Coffee Amount and Grind Size
For a 12oz cup, use 23g of coffee ground to a coarseness resembling sea salt.
Water Amount and Temperature
For a 12oz cup, prepare 360g of water at a consistent temperature of 200-205°F. For a 16oz cup, prepare 470g of water.
- Fold Filter: Fold the Hario filter along the seam and place it in your V60.
- Pre-Heat Vessel & Pre-Wet Filter: Wet the filter with boiling water to remove any papery flavors and preheat your serving vessel. Discard the water.
- Get Your Beans: Weigh and grind your coffee according to the guidelines above.
- Get Your Water: Heat your water to the specified temperature.
- Pre-Infuse Grounds: Start a timer and pour 50-70g of water over the grounds in a circular motion, starting from the center. Allow the coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
- Continue Pouring: At 45 seconds, continue your pour, maintaining a slow and steady circular motion. The total pour time should be around 1:50-2:30 minutes, depending on your cup size.
- Discard Filter & Enjoy: Once the water has filtered through, discard the spent filter and enjoy your coffee.