We're thrilled to announce a new partnership with Two Bears, a forward-thinking company from Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, known for their premium oat-based beverages. At Fratello Coffee Roasters, we're constantly seeking to expand our offerings with high-quality products that cater to the evolving needs of our customers.
That's why we're bringing Two Bears' Barista Oat Milk to our lineup, offering a delightful plant-based milk alternative that aligns with the growing trend of oat milk in the coffee industry. Vegan and Gluten free.
Why Choose Two Bears Oat Milk?
- Barista Friendly: Designed for coffee, this oat milk steams to create perfect micro-foam, ideal for lattes and cappuccinos.
- Versatile Use: It's also suitable for smoothies and cereals.
- Quality Ingredients: Made with gluten-free oats, with no added sugar, it provides a balanced and healthy option.
- Positive Customer Feedback: Customers have praised its creamy texture and taste, making it a preferred choice for many.
- 100% Canadian Made: One of the few 100% Canadian made oat milk products available.
Nutritional Benefits: Oat Milk vs. Dairy Milk
When comparing oat milk to traditional dairy milk, several nutritional factors stand out:
- Calories: Oat milk generally contains fewer calories than whole dairy milk. For example, one cup of oat milk has about 120 calories, compared to 149 calories in a cup of whole dairy milk.
- Protein: Dairy milk is higher in protein, with about 7.7 grams per cup, compared to 3 grams in oat milk.
- Fat: Oat milk has lower fat content, with around 5 grams per cup, compared to nearly 8 grams in whole dairy milk.
- Carbohydrates and Sugar: Oat milk is higher in carbohydrates (16 grams per cup) but has less natural sugar compared to dairy milk. Oat milk also contains dietary fiber, which is not present in dairy milk.
- Calcium: Interestingly, a cup of oat milk can contain more calcium than a cup of dairy milk due to fortification. However, this can vary by brand and product.
- Other Nutrients: Dairy milk naturally contains a wide range of nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin D, and vitamin B12. Oat milk is often fortified with these nutrients during manufacturing.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Suitable for vegans, lactose-intolerant individuals, and those with soy or nut allergies. It's environmentally friendly and has a lower calorie count, making it a good choice for weight management.
- Cons: Lower in protein and higher in carbohydrates. It might not be suitable for low-carb diets like keto.
- Pros: High in protein and naturally occurring nutrients. It's also a good source of calcium and vitamins.
- Cons: Not suitable for lactose-intolerant individuals or vegans. Whole milk is higher in calories and fat.
The Rise of Oat Milk in Coffee Culture
Oat milk's increasing popularity in the coffee industry can be attributed to its creamy texture and environmental benefits compared to dairy and other plant-based milks. It's a preferred choice for coffee lovers seeking dairy-free or vegan options.
At Fratello Coffee Roasters, our partnership with Two Bears reflects our commitment to quality, diversity, and innovation in our product offerings. We're excited to share this delicious, health-conscious, and environmentally friendly option with you.