Summer Iced Tea Recipes: A Refreshing Twist for Summer
As we transition into the warmer months, our beverage preferences naturally begin to shift towards more refreshing, cool options. Inspired by the rising trend of flavored beverages, particularly among the younger generation, we've decided to bring a new refreshing twist to our Idle Tea offerings and provide seasonal iced tea recipes to freshen up your offerings.
The market for flavoured beverages, which includes options for iced coffee and tea, is predicted to increase by 4% annually and reach $8.6 billion in 2028. Younger consumers who value variety, ease of use, and ethically sourced goods are primarily responsible for this trend. In light of this, we've created a collection of iced tea recipes that satisfy this demand while also offering a pleasurable experience to all tea connoisseurs.
Flavored Iced Tea and Seasonal Iced Tea
The Cold Brew Coffee Wave, one of our most recent blog posts, examined the rising acceptance of cold coffee drinks, particularly among younger demographics. According to the 2020 National Coffee Data Trends report from the National Coffee Association, 20% of daily coffee drinkers partake in a variety of chilled gourmet coffee beverages.
This expanding trend extends beyond coffee. The popularity of iced tea, a revitalising and adaptable beverage, has also been rising. Similar to coffee, younger people are expressing a preference for flavoured and creative iced tea drinks, appreciating the range of options and simplicity they provide.
In response to this trend, we're excited to introduce our new range of iced tea recipes, inspired by the flavors and creativity seen in the cold coffee wave. These recipes offer a cool spin on classic iced tea, ideal for the summer, using our Idle Tea and the new Giffard Syrups.
Iced tea has enormous potential for creativity and originality, as we've seen with the rise of cold brew coffee. There is an iced tea recipe for every taste, from the traditional iced tea to unique flavour combinations. So, if you're a tea lover curious about the iced tea craze or a coffee shop owner hoping to cash in on the trend, read on to get your fill of everything iced tea.
Introducing New Flavors with Giffard Syrups
We're excited to announce that we're now offering five new flavors of Giffard Syrups, a renowned brand known for its high-quality, natural ingredients. These syrups will add a burst of flavor to your favorite Idle Tea, creating a unique and refreshing iced tea experience. The new flavors include:
- Passion Fruit
10 Iced Tea Recipes for Summer
Here are 10 iced tea recipe ideas using Idle Tea and our new Giffard Syrups. For each recipe, steep the tea in 12 oz of hot water for the recommended time on the tea package, then let it cool. Add the syrup and serve over ice in a 16oz glass.
- Earl Grey Cream & Apricot Delight
- Assam & Blackberry Twist
- Orange Cream Oolong & Passion Fruit Fusion
- Houjicha Gold & Raspberry Harmony
- Peppermint & Blueberry Refresh
- 2 tsp of Idle Organic Peppermint tea
- 1 oz of Blueberry syrup
- Jasmine & Apricot Bliss
- 2 tsp of Idle Jasmine tea
- 1 oz of Apricot syrup
- Indian Chai & Blackberry Spice
- Chamomile & Passion Fruit Serenity
- 2 tsp of Idle Organic Chamomile tea
- 1 oz of Passion Fruit syrup
- Red Rooibos & Raspberry Wonder
- Lemon Sunset & Blueberry Sunrise
These recipes offer a refreshing twist to your regular iced tea, making them perfect for the summer months. Whether you're a young tea enthusiast looking to explore new flavors or a seasoned tea lover seeking a refreshing change, these iced tea recipes are sure to delight your taste buds. Enjoy the summer with these flavorful iced teas!
The Power of Seasonal Coffee Offerings: How to Keep Your Menu Fresh
Your goal as a cafe or restaurant owner is to give your patrons a wonderful and distinctive experience. Our own experience operating cafes has taught us that leveraging the power of seasonal coffee offerings is one efficient method to accomplish this. Coffee is, after all, more than just a drink; it can be an adventure and a love affair with flavors. As coffee connoisseurs, our mission should be to constantly bring your customers something fresh, something unique, and something exciting. Below we talk about how to keep your menu fresh, and your customers coming back for more.
Leveraging Seasonal Fresh Crop Coffee
Our seasonal sourcing is one approach to make sure we're giving our consumers the freshest New Crop coffee. This strategy doesn't always include buying in small amounts; instead, it involves timing our purchases to coincide with the natural harvesting seasons for coffee.
Our philosophy on coffee is firmly grounded in a dedication to excellence and freshness. Here is how we accomplish that:
- Micro-Lot Coffee: We source our micro-lot coffees in very small quantities from unique coffee growing regions. These are often limited supply lots, which means the coffee you enjoy is as exclusive as it is fresh.
- Seasonal Harvesting: Coffee, like all agricultural products, has a harvest season. By aligning our purchasing with these seasons, we ensure that we're buying coffee at its peak freshness.
Understanding Coffee Harvesting Seasons
Coffee, much like any agricultural product, has a season. Here's a quick look at coffee harvesting seasons in various regions:
- Central America: December - March
- South America: April - September
- Africa: East Africa - October to February, West Africa - October to March
- Asia: October - March
These timelines can vary based on several factors like weather and climate conditions. It's essential to stay in constant communication with your suppliers to ensure optimal freshness.
Why Micro-Lot Coffee Is Popular
Our entire coffee selection is sourced seasonally to ensure peak freshness, but we also offer the unique option of micro-lot coffees. With these rare, limited lots, you can give your menu a unique and extraordinary twist. You may have noticed that we regularly release new coffees that are only offered for a brief period of time. Our Burundi Angele Ciza lot, a lovely offering we expect will only be available for a month or two, is a recent example of this. The reason for the limited supply is to make room for the upcoming special coffee experience. By doing this, we update our selection frequently, keeping the coffee experience fresh and exciting.
Engaging Barista Teams and Customers with Seasonal Coffee
The introduction of seasonal coffees creates a sense of excitement and anticipation
- For Barista Teams: New coffees provide an opportunity for learning and engagement, keeping their passion for coffee alive and thriving. Your team likely enjoy having something new to talk about with your regulars, so this is a way of keeping everyone engaged.
- For Customers: The opportunity to savor diverse, seasonal coffees not only stimulates spontaneous whole bean purchases but also keeps the coffee experience lively and varied. While a consistent offering can retain your regular customers, having a rotating selection can attract new clientele who appreciate variety and novelty in their coffee choices.
Enhancing Your Menu with Seasonal Flavored Drinks
Also consider refreshing your menu with seasonal drinks that feature distinctive flavours and syrups, like our Giffard Syrups, in addition to coffee. Although we recently shared some Spring beverage suggestions in a blog post, there are many more options available for creating creative drinks.
- Introducing New Flavors: Every season presents an opportunity to bring something fresh to your menu, perfectly complementing your coffee offerings and the spirit of the time of year. Consider the phenomenon of the Pumpkin Spiced Latte and its massive following across North America. What could be your next seasonal sensation?
- Unleashing Creativity: Encourage your team to test their creativity by inventing new drink combinations. This can result in unexpected and exciting flavors that surprise and satisfy your customers. An internal competition to create the next menu feature can be a fun team-building activity and a source of motivation.
- Stimulating Customer Engagement: The anticipation of fresh menu additions keeps customers intrigued and enthusiastic about your offerings. Not only does this create a dynamic in-store atmosphere, but it also provides new content for your social media platforms, fostering online engagement and customer interaction.
We believe that seasonal coffee offerings can significantly improve your customers experience . Your offerings will always be current, intriguing, and special if you source seasonal ingredients/flavors, highlight exclusive micro-lots, and regularly change your menu. Take advantage of seasonal coffee offerings today and watch it change your company through excitement and increased average spending habits.