The syphon (or siphon, if you're so inclined) is the epitome of coffee theatre, and can produce stunning coffee. Whether you want to impress your friends or just make a delicious cup of coffee in a stylish and elaborate way, this is the piece of brewing kit for you. The syphon consists of a metal stand that holds a glass bulb, a glass chamber with a tube on the bottom that fits into the bulb and a cloth filter.
There are several ways to use this lovely Japanese creation but whichever way you choose, the process works in the same way. This produces an exceptionally clean and flavourful beverage and, when used properly, it's hard to beat.
Here is a video on how to use the Hario Syphon
Everything you need comes in the box, apart from the alcohol to fuel the included burner. Whilst the burner that is included works, it will make getting the best out of this brew method much more challenging and frustrating (this is the same with every syphon that you can buy).
We recommend that if you aren't already the proud owner of a small butane burner, then you may wish to invest in one.
- Capacity: 600ml (5 cups)
- W 160 × D 110 × H 360 mm.
- Height: 36.0cm
- Width: 11.0cm
- Heatproof Glass Alcohol Burner, Upper Bowl and Lower Bowl
- Stainless Steel Filter, Filter Assembly and Burner Cover
- Aluminum Windbreak
- Polypropylene Cover, Upper Bowl Stand, Alcohol Lamp Holder and Measuring Spoon
- Silicone Gaskets
- Stainless Steel, Iron and Zinc Alloy Stand with a Polypropylene Handle Cover and Brass Fastener
- Made in Japan
- Upper bowl, Lower bowl, Alchol burner / Heatproof glass
- Packing / Silicone rubber
- Fastener / Brass
- Stand / Stainless steel, Iron, Zinc alloy, Phenol resin
- Burner cover, Filter / Stainless steel
- Windbreak / Aluminum
- Alcohol lamp holder, Cover and upperbowl stand, Measuring spoon / Polypropylene
There are no reviews yet.